Just a quick post this time. GetDevInfo 1.0.9 is now out with the following NVME-related fixes:
- Fix an issue where the RawCapacity value is sometimes not a string for NVME disks.
- Search for NVME disks before LVM disks.
- This prevents a crash when an NVME drive is hosting LVM volumes.
- Fix an NVME bug where some partitions were numbered incorrectly on Fedora.
- This occurs only on Fedora because it has a patched version of lshw that detects NVME drives, but there were a few incompatibilities with it.
- No longer return DISKINFO dictionary in macos.get_info().
- This was accidental undocumented behaviour.
- Gather IDs for NVME disks on Linux.
- Add a non-Python dependency check in setup.py.
- Fix another rare crash with NVME disks.
Important: Python 2 is not supported in GetDevInfo 1.0.9. Please use GetDevInfo 1.0.6 if you need to use Python 2.
The new version can be downloaded from https://launchpad.net/getdevinfo and https://www.hamishmb.com/html/downloads.php?program_name=getdevinfo.
That’s it for this post, but stay tuned – there are a lot of interesting and different posts coming soon.