After several iterations of GetDevInfo, I’ve finally fixed all the bugs that were affecting NVME support in WxFixBoot. These changes also benefit all other programs that use GetDevInfo. The following has changed in WxFixBoot:
- Python 2 is no longer supported.
- Ubuntu 20.04 is now supported.
- Various potential crashes with LVM disks have been fixed.
- Various fixes to add proper NVME SSD support.
- GRUB2-BIOS boot partition is now detected more reliably.
- Various other smaller bugs and fixes.
Various changes have been made in GetDevInfo over the last few iterations to make this happen. After all this work, I hope you enjoy the fruits of my labor, and I hope this gives you an even more reliable experience using WxFixBoot. The new version can be downloaded from my website and Launchpad.
If you would like to donate to help me fund my work on these open-source tools, please use the PayPal button at the bottom of this page.
That’s all for now, but stay tuned for more posts coming soon!