This release includes several important bug fixes and adds support for Fedora 31.
A blog post is available at https://www.hamishmb.com/blog containing all the juicy details about this new release.
NOTE for Linux users:
GetDevInfo needs to be installed before you can install this - head over to https://www.hamishmb.com/html/downloads.php?program_name=getdevinfo or https://launchpad.net/getdevinfo/ to download it first.
Please install the Python 3 version.
An alternate way to make this easier for Ubuntu users is to add my PPA to your system (see https://launchpad.net/~hamishmb/+archive/ubuntu/myppa).
You can also download WxFixBoot from https://www.hamishmb.com/html/downloads.php?program_name=wxfixboot
Notes for Fedora users:
* When modifying a GRUB-EFI Fedora system from a live disk, or another operating system, you need to have booted in EFI mode.
* After modifying the bootloader for Fedora from a live disk or another operating system, you may need to run "sudo ldconfig" in the terminal for networking to work following a reboot.
These are issues that I am working on, and I aim to fix them in the next release.
*** Deprecations: ***
- Installing LILO is not supported on Ubuntu 19.10.
- This is the last release that supports the LILO bootloader.
- This is the last release that supports the old YUM package manager on Fedora and derivatives. From the next release onwards, DNF will be required.
*** No longer supported ***
- The outdated elilo and grub-legacy bootloaders are no longer supported.
- Fedora releases before 31 are no longer supported due to changes in how the bootloader is managed.
|Icon||Description||Download||No. Of Downloads|
|WxFixBoot v3.0.1 For Fedora 31 or Higher||(checksum & signature)||2|
|WxFixBoot v3.0.1 For Ubuntu 16.04 and Higher||(checksum & signature)||9|
|WxFixBoot v3.0.1 For Parted Magic||(checksum & signature)||4|
|WxFixBoot v3.0.1 For Other Linux Distributions||(checksum & signature)||6|