This release includes several important bug fixes and adds support for Fedora 31.
A blog post is available at https://www.hamishmb.com/blog containing all the juicy details about this new release.
NOTE for Linux users:
GetDevInfo needs to be installed before you can install this - head over to https://www.hamishmb.com/html/downloads.php?program_name=getdevinfo or https://launchpad.net/getdevinfo/ to download it first.
Please install the Python 3 version.
An alternate way to make this easier for Ubuntu users is to add my PPA to your system (see https://launchpad.net/~hamishmb/+archive/ubuntu/myppa).
You can also download WxFixBoot from https://www.hamishmb.com/html/downloads.php?program_name=wxfixboot
Notes for Fedora users:
* When modifying a GRUB-EFI Fedora system from a live disk, or another operating system, you need to have booted in EFI mode.
* After modifying the bootloader for Fedora from a live disk or another operating system, you may need to run "sudo ldconfig" in the terminal for networking to work following a reboot.
These are issues that I am working on, and I aim to fix them in the next release.
*** Deprecations: ***
- Installing LILO is not supported on Ubuntu 19.10.
- This is the last release that supports the LILO bootloader.
- This is the last release that supports the old YUM package manager on Fedora and derivatives. From the next release onwards, DNF will be required.
*** No longer supported ***
- The outdated elilo and grub-legacy bootloaders are no longer supported.
- Fedora releases before 31 are no longer supported due to changes in how the bootloader is managed.
UPDATE 29/1/2020: This package works partially with the current development version of Ubuntu 20.04. There is an issue involving LVM disks, but this requires further investigation to determine if this bug is in WxFixBoot.
|Icon||Description||Download||No. Of Downloads|
|WxFixBoot v3.0.1 For Fedora 31 or Higher||(checksum & signature)||5|
|WxFixBoot v3.0.1 For Ubuntu 16.04 and Higher||(checksum & signature)||24|
|WxFixBoot v3.0.1 For Parted Magic||(checksum & signature)||15|
|WxFixBoot v3.0.1 For Other Linux Distributions||(checksum & signature)||13|