Just a quick post this time. GetDevInfo 1.0.8 has been released with a few new features and fixes. Most notably:
- NVME disk detection unit tests now work on Ubuntu 16.04.
- There are now nice descriptions for APFS volumes on macOS, including:
- Physical Stores – the devices or partitions that provide the storage for the containers.
- Containers – provide a chunk of storage in which to create volumes.
- Volumes – Filesystems that store user and system data.
- Note that the APFS descriptions are only available on recent versions of macOS that can provide information on APFS disks.
- A convenience shortcut to running GetDevInfo from the command line.
Important: Python 2 is no longer supported. Please use GetDevInfo 1.0.6 if you need to use Python 2.
The new version can be downloaded from https://launchpad.net/getdevinfo and https://www.hamishmb.com/html/downloads.php?program_name=getdevinfo.
That’s it for this post, but stay tuned – there are a lot of interesting and different posts coming soon.