GetDevInfo v1.0.1 is out!
The next version of the GetDevInfo package is now out. This version contains a lot of bugfixes, especially for macOS, and some very complete API documentation. 🙂 It was a bit boring at times writing all the docs up, so I’ll be using the Document As You Go philosophy from now on, which is no bad thing.
Note: Sorry it took me a while to get the Fedora and Ubuntu-specific packages out – I was having packaging issues and then the build servers were super busy these last few days XD.
Quick Summary of changes
- The unit test code for GetDevInfo from DDRescue-GUI and WxFixBoot has been added and merged.
- ^ We now have some reasonably thorough unit tests 🙂
- Documentation on all the modules, and the output format for the dictionary.
- Some updates to better support Python 3.x
- Remove some workarounds we had in place to support Ubuntu 12.04, which should make the program more stable and easier to maintain.
- General bugfixes, including many for macOS.
- Slight feature improvement on macOS – human readable disk capacities are now provided.
- Better disk descriptions on macOS.
- Much better general real-world (non-unit-test) testing – found and fixed quite a few corner-case bugs.
I had wanted to use my laptop to do even more thorough testing, but it kind of blew up before I had the chance. I was trying to fix it over Christmas, so I could release this, which is why this has been delayed a few weeks. However, this has turned out better than it would have if I rushed it out anyway, so I think this is a win-win :).
- More blog posts 🙂
- Release a new version of DDRescue-GUI that fixes a few bugs, adds several new features, and works on Python 3.x!
- As above, for WxFixBoot.
- Revamp Wine Autostart so it works on macOS too, and (possibly) integrates with PlayOnLinux/PlayOnMac.
- Stroodlr! Maybe next time it’ll be something more appetising than apricot curry…
This is all a lot of work, so it’s going to take a while, but I’m excited: I’ve wanted to get this stuff working on Python 3.x for ages! In the meantime I’ll have plenty of blog posts to keep you interested as well 🙂
That’s about it from me for this one, but I’ll see you soon.