WxFixBoot v3.1.0 was just released with a number of important fixes. First, though, here is some important information:
- The obsolete LILO bootloader is no longer supported (previously deprecated).
- The obsolete YUM package manager is no longer used or supported on Fedora and derivatives (previously deprecated). DNF is now used instead.
WxFixBoot v3.1.0 – Changes
This release brings several important changes and fixes, the most important of which are below:
- Fixes for reinstalling GRUB on all versions of Ubuntu.
- This includes the use of pop-up windows when extra configuration questions need to be asked during installation and removal.
- Fixes and support for Fedora 33 on BTRFS volumes.
- Older installations that are upgraded from Fedora 32 or lower and remain on EXT4/LVM will continue to work.
- Also depend on GetDevInfo v1.1.1, which contains several BTRFS-related fixes.
- A usability fix for the splash screen text when dark themes are in use.
- Fixes for backing up and restoring bootloader configuration.
- Fixes when used with the Disk Verifier live disk.
- Compatibility fixes for wxPython 4.1.x (soon to be used on Parted Magic)
- Removed support for LILO.
- Removed support for YUM in favour of DNF.
- Various other smaller fixes.
That’s all for now, but stay tuned, as I have a variety of Linux-related posts coming soon, and hopefully some for the Raspberry Pi drone as well.