Hi everyone. This will be a fairly short post, but an important one nevertheless.
GetDevInfo 1.0.4 has been released!
This time around, unlike the previous release, there are a significant number of changes, but it shouldn’t break any existing code.
The changes include:
- Making the boot record and boot record strings in the output byte strings, even if they couldn’t be read.
- A code cleanup with pylint.
- Several bugs relating to support of non-ASCII characters have been fixed.
- The unit tests have been improved and the coverage is also a lot higher.
- A final bug was fixed where extended partitions were reported to have the file system of their first sub-partition.
These fixes are quite significant, so it’s a good idea to head over to the downloads section at the top of the page, or to launchpad to get the new release. The improvements to non-ASCII character handling also fix potential crashes with DDRescue-GUI when you are using a non-English language for your system, so it’s worth downloading.
That’s it for now, but I have some new posts: I want to review Chrome OS! Unfortunately, you can’t download Chrome OS, but you can get pretty close. Stay tuned!