This is the first new version of DDRescue-GUI in over a year. I have made it worth your wait, and kept busy working on fixes and new features for you. There are a lot of changes, but here are the most notable ones:
- Improved and more reliable output file mounting.
- Various bug fixes.
- New "open file viewer" button when output file/device is mounted to make it easier to access your data.
- Menu option to mount disks.
- Better time remaining estimates where available.
- There's now a tooltip for the map and output files to help avoid confusion about the overwrite prompt.
- Much more reliable output file mounting.
- APFS mounting support for macOS 10.12 and higher.
- GNU ddrescue updated to 1.25, Python updated to 3.8.2, and wxPython 4.0.7.
- Fixed mounting CD images.
- Added LVM disk mounting support.
- Various other fixes.
For all the details, see the blog post at https://www.hamishmb.com/blog.
- On macOS, make sure you select forwards mode when specifying a device not found in the disk information.
- GNU ddrescue won't be able to determine the size of the device, so running backwards will not work.
NOTE for Linux users:
GetDevInfo needs to be installed before you can install this - head over to https://www.hamishmb.com/html/downloads.php?program_name=getdevinfo or https://launchpad.net/getdevinfo/ to download it first.
Ubuntu 16.04 users also need to install wxpython4.0 from my PPA, either by adding the PPA (below), or downloading and manually installing wxpython4.0.
An alternate way to make this easier for Ubuntu users is to add my PPA to your system (see https://launchpad.net/~hamishmb/+archive/ubuntu/myppa).
UPDATE 29/4/2020: This package has been confirmed to work with Fedora 32.
|Icon||Description||Download||No. Of Downloads|
|DDRescue-GUI For macOS 10.9 or Higher||(checksum & signature)||360|
|DDRescue-GUI For Ubuntu 16.04 or Higher||(checksum & signature)||2139|
|DDRescue-GUI For Fedora 30 and Higher||(checksum & signature)||245|
|DDRescue-GUI For Parted Magic||(checksum & signature)||167|
|DDRescue-GUI For Other Linux Distributions||(checksum & signature)||1060|