Unable to see any disk information - macOS

Mooncake

Unable to see any disk information - macOS

Post by Mooncake »

I am unable to use DDRescue-GUI. No disks are listed when using disk information. I'm on macOS Big Sur v11.5.2.
hamishmb
Site Admin

Re: Unable to see any disk information - macOS

Post by hamishmb »

Hi there,

Could you please upload the log file at /tmp/ddrescue-gui.log after attempting this?

Thanks,
Hamish
Analogique

Post by Analogique »

Hi,
I have the same issue.

29/12/2021 08:34:35 PM - DDRescue-GUI - DEBUG: MainWindow().update_status_bar(): New status bar message: Getting new Disk information... Please wait...
29/12/2021 08:34:35 PM - Tools.core - DEBUG: start_process(): Starting process: sudo -SH LC_ALL=C PYTHONHOME=/Applications/DDRescue_GUI.app/Contents/Resources PYTHONPATH=/Applications/DDRescue_GUI.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python38.zip:/Applications/DDRescue_GUI.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python38:/Applications/DDRescue_GUI.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python38/lib-dynload:/Applications/DDRescue_GUI.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python38/site-packages.zip:/Applications/DDRescue_GUI.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python38/site-packages /Applications/DDRescue_GUI.app/Contents/MacOS/python /Applications/DDRescue_GUI.app/Contents/Resources/Tools/run_getdevinfo.py
29/12/2021 08:34:39 PM - Tools.core - DEBUG: start_process(): Process: sudo -SH LC_ALL=C PYTHONHOME=/Applications/DDRescue_GUI.app/Contents/Resources PYTHONPATH=/Applications/DDRescue_GUI.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python38.zip:/Applications/DDRescue_GUI.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python38:/Applications/DDRescue_GUI.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python38/lib-dynload:/Applications/DDRescue_GUI.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python38/site-packages.zip:/Applications/DDRescue_GUI.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python38/site-packages /Applications/DDRescue_GUI.app/Contents/MacOS/python /Applications/DDRescue_GUI.app/Contents/Resources/Tools/run_getdevinfo.py: Return Value: 1, output: "

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Applications/DDRescue_GUI.app/Contents/Resources/Tools/run_getdevinfo.py", line 27, in <module>
sys.stdout.write(str(getdevinfo.getdevinfo.get_info()))
File "getdevinfo/getdevinfo.pyc", line 107, in get_info
File "getdevinfo/macos.pyc", line 95, in get_info
File "plistlib.pyc", line 1000, in loads
File "plistlib.pyc", line 986, in load
plistlib.InvalidFileException: Invalid file"

Analogique

Post by Analogique »

The log file is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w3mr0nu7fpksyep/ddrescue-gui.log?dl=0
hamishmb
Site Admin

Post by hamishmb »

This might not be the same problem/cause - please create a new thread next time :)

Thanks for sending the log, although it would probably be more useful to attach them to a forum post, so they won't disappear later if I need to revisit this issue.

Looks like some error is being returned by macOS's internal tools, interesting.

Could you send me the output of:

Code: Select all

diskutil list -plist
And then, for each disk that shows up in there (eg /dev/disk0s1), the output of:

Code: Select all

diskutil info -plist <disk>
That should give me the information I need to figure out what's going on. There may be drive serial numbers in the output - if this concerns you, just remove them with something like <redacted>.

Thanks,
Hamish