Getting error that prevents further recovery (Write error: permission denied)

underfootman

Getting error that prevents further recovery (Write error: permission denied)

Post by underfootman »

Hello. I recently bought ddrescue-gui and have been using it for a couple of days.
I suddenly got this error at 1148.0 GB.
I am running this application on Windows.
I am unfamiliar with Linux. I have never used Linux or Linux on Windows before using this application.

hamishmb
Site Admin

Re: Getting error that prevents further recovery (Write error: permission denied)

Post by hamishmb »

Hello,

I updated the bundle yesterday, could you see if the error is fixed now please?

You can download again from the link in the email to get the new version.

Hamish
underfootman

Re: Getting error that prevents further recovery (Write error: permission denied)

Post by underfootman »

After I posted the initial question, I installed ubuntu on a bootable USB and downloaded DDRescue-GUI from your repository.
The error did not show up on Linux, and I never encountered it there. The program continued to recover data as normal.
If I tried to run DDRescue-GUI on Windows, after I had recovered more data using the Linux version, I continued to encounter the initial error.
I have since recovered essentially all the data that was important from my HDD. I want to say thank you for your program and instructions.
I appreciate the fixes you have made, but unfortunately I will not be able to test them. Nonetheless, I want to also thank you for the fixes you made!
hamishmb
Site Admin

Post by hamishmb »

I'm glad you got your data, that's always a relief.

I appreciate that, thank you very much.