DDRescue-GUI 2.1.1 Release Notes
Despite the minor new version number, this release packs quite a lot of changes:
- Support for Windows.
- Dropped support and workarounds for Python 2.
- Compatible with wxPython 4.1.x.
- Much smaller macOS bundle size.
See the blog post for all the details.
- This is the last release to support macOS 10.9 Mavericks.
Note for Linux users:
GetDevInfo needs to be installed before you can install this – head over to https://www.hamishmb.com/html/downloads.php?program_name=getdevinfo or https://launchpad.net/getdevinfo/ to download it first.
An alternate way to make this easier for Ubuntu users is to add my PPA to your system (see https://launchpad.net/~hamishmb/+archive/ubuntu/myppa).
Ubuntu 16.04 users also need to install wxpython4.0 from here: https://www.hamishmb.com/blog/miscellaneous-downloads/.
DDRescue-GUI 2.1.1 Changes
- Drop support and workarounds for Python 2.
- Make DDRescue-GUI compatible with wxPython 4.1.0.
- Various fixes for Cygwin, including fixing a potential memory leak.
- Make developer docs more mobile friendly.
- Fix unmounting output files on certain versions of macOS.
- Add the .desktop file to the repository.