This latest release of WxFixBoot brings many bugfixes, and performance improvements. WxFixBoot 3.0.0 has taken a long time to finish, but the results are really good. Here are some of the most notable changes:
- Support for Python 3 and wxPython 4 – all of my programs now run on Python 3 🙂
- Support for running the GUI as the normal user – better security and compatibility with Wayland.
- New artwork from Bhuna (https://www.instagram.com/bhuna42/)
- Using the new GetDevInfo module – better stability and a lot of bug fixes for disk detection.
- Better detection of different Windows versions.
- Various other smaller fixes and stability improvements.
WxFixBoot 3.0.0’s New Artwork
There is some nice new artwork to go with this release, which you can see below.
While not the most important change from a technical standpoint, new artwork is always nice. Many thanks to Bhuna for making these for me.
This is a major new release, and because of all the improvements I recommend all users download and use this new version.
That’s it for now, but stay tuned for more posts coming soon 🙂