I’ve just released a new version of Disk Verifier with lots of bug fixes and new features. Disk Verifier v1.1.0 brings the following changes:
Changes (both the Parted Magic module and the live disk)
- The Parted Magic module now requires Parted Magic 2020_02_23 or later.
- When a verification fails, the line and byte that it failed at are now logged.
- Disk serial numbers are now logged when possible.
- The status bar now clearly indicates whether a verification failed or was aborted (in addition to the coloured dot).
- Various small bug fixes.
Changes (live disk)
- Disk Verifier now offers to save a report of the disks you verified and the results when you exit.
- Updated packages for improved hardware support.
- Networking support and a web browser so you can get help while running the live disk.
- DDRescue-GUI and WxFixBoot are now preinstalled for your convenience.
This is a new major version of Disk Verifier that introduces new features, so previous customers will have to purchase this version. Please note that you will still be able to access the version you purchased if you choose not to upgrade.
There are also some new price points (for the prices see the product page):
This is the same version of Disk Verifier that has been for sale from the start, with no limitations, and product support via my forum as always. Please note that businesses can buy this option as well – these are just different support levels.
This is now the standard offering, and as such the pricing for this is the same as Disk Verifier’s original pricing.
The same software as personal edition, but you also get priority email support. This may be more attractive to businesses who do not want to post information on the forum. Regardless, users who purchased Business Edition are still welcome to use the forum for support.
The pricing for this edition is slightly higher, as providing email support takes longer and may become more complex.
Disk Verifier v1.1.0 Summary
Disk Verifier is an affordable, easy to use, open-source GUI for verifying your disks have been wiped properly, be that in conjunction with Parted Magic’s Secure Erase GUI, or as a standalone tool.
This latest version brings a variety of new features and improvements.
You can purchase both the module and the live disk (or both as a bundle!) from my website at https://www.hamishmb.com/html/diskverifier.php. This is a paid update, meaning that existing customers will have to purchase the new version.