DDRescue-GUI v2.0.1 Released!
Hi all. This afternoon I released a minor update to DDRescue-GUI for all platforms. DDRescue-GUI v2.0.0 was released back in July (see the post), with a lot of important new features. DDRescue-GUI v2.0.1 is a more minor release, but still brings some important fixes, including:
- Not automatically adding file extensions for devices under /dev (Linux).
- This was an issue when a device wasn’t automatically detected by the GUI.
- Removing the “All Files” file picker wildcard (macOS).
- This was causing weird behavior in some situations.
- An issue with selecting map (previously called log) files was fixed.
- The version and the release date were moved to the left in the status bar.
- This improves readability on some platforms.
- I also fixed an issue where a recovery couldn’t be aborted easily on some versions of Linux.
So, while not a major release, certainly worth downloading – get it using the navigation bar at the top of this page, or by heading to launchpad.